Enrollment & Registration

Registration Guidelines for NEW and RETURNING Students

To initiate the enrollment process for your student in our district, kindly reach out to the board office.

11685 West State Route 163

Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449


We will provide you with details on the enrollment procedure and schedule an appointment for the submission of necessary documents. Please note that all registrations must be scheduled through an appointment. We encourage all parents of Benton-Carroll-Salem students to utilize Final Forms for a streamlined registration experience.  Thank you!

Required Documents

Frequently Asked Questions About Enrolling Your Child

What if I want to enroll my student through Open Enrollment?

Use the button below to access our Open Enrollment Application.

When can I enroll my child in B-C-S?

The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District accepts new students throughout the school year and the summer. Enrollment is done at our Central Registration Office, located in the B-C-S Board Office, 11685 West State Route 163, Oak Harbor, Ohio. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 419-898-6210.

Do I pay school fees when I enroll my child?

School fees can be paid on the specified fee payment days, typically held annually in August for summer enrollments. If you're enrolling during the school year, you will receive a letter outlining the applicable fees.

When can my child begin attending their new school?

We aim to facilitate a swift transition for your child into the school environment post-registration. The Central Registration Office will liaise with your child's new school and provide guidance on the appropriate timeframe for your child to commence their educational journey at B-C-S.

How do I get a class schedule for my Intermediate School or High School student?

The Central Registration Office will help you make an appointment with your child's guidance counselor, who will meet with you and your child to schedule their classes.

How do I get my child's previous school records transferred to B-C-S?

Official records cannot be directly released to parents by school districts. To transfer records to a new district, a parent's signature is required. Upon registering your child at B-C-S, you will complete a records request form. The Central Registration Office will then promptly fax the form to your child's former school, facilitating the transfer of records to the Central Registration Office.

How will I know which bus my child will be riding?

If you register your child during the school year, the Central Registration Office will provide you with the contact information for the transportation department. For those registering in the summer, you will receive notification before the first day of school detailing which bus your child will ride.

How can I meet my child's new principal, teachers, and other staff?

The Central Registration Office will help you establish a time when you can meet building personnel.